- Make sure that you give each room a true purpose!
- If the room feels small, use smaller or less furniture.
- If the room feels too large, add a few pieces from another room to fill some of the space, but not all of it.
- Also if the room feels awkwardly large, pull the furniture off the wall and "cozy it up" by bringing the furniture closer together.
- Watch-out for themes or collections, pack those away now, they are not selling friendly - I get called in all the time to talk to sellers about their beloved collection of ....
- Choose mostly neutral colors for furniture, pillows, wall hangings etc., but add one stronger color to add a pop for the pictures - I like red, blue or green.